Maintenance for display banners, large flags and flagpoles
Piggotts recommends you use our flag pole maintenance and inspection services to ensure safety is in place, as well as getting the best out of your product. A varnished timber flag pole will last years longer than one that has not been varnished. The following services are offered by Piggotts on a pro-active and reactive basis:
- Flagpole maintenance
- Comprehensive cleaning services: including washing and ironing
- Flagpole painting and varnishing
- Flagpole repair and installation of replacement parts
- Flag change
- Flagpole removal off-site
For more information on our flag pole and flag maintenance services please contact us
Our flagpole safety inspection is a fundamental service we offer. It is widely recommended you have a flag pole safety inspection every six months to fix any damage to our flag or flag pole before it gets worse. Our flag pole and flag maintenance service also covers associated wires and shackles, hooks, pole carrier and slings which are classed as lifting equipment and therefore need to be inspected on a six-monthly basis. We recommend that flag poles are checked monthly due to weathering and to ensure they are safe. Therefore we deliver the following flag pole inspections on a recurring basis, or as a reactive emergency service:
- Checking the general condition of the flag pole for damage or rot.
- Checking the fixings on the flag pole – making sure they are tight enough and not rusted or sheared off.
- Checking the halyard – to ensure it moves and is not frayed or damaged.
- Checking the pulley system.
- Making sure the flag is clean.
- Checking the stitching and looking for damage to the flag.
- Ensuring the heading line and toggle are attached and in good condition.
For details on our flag maintenance and safety inspection services, contact one of our sales team at 01376 514372 or fill in the online contact form.
Safety inspections of flags and flagpoles
Piggotts Flags & Branding, Unit 3, Taber Place, Crittall Rd, Witham Essex CM8 3YP
Reg Office: The Maltings, Chelmsford Road, Norton Heath, Ingatestone, Essex CM4 0LQ
Reg Number: 10582644 VAT number: GB 260 4258 22